We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Model Validation Manager to join our Model Validation team. The role holder will be independently reviewing models from all areas of the bank; gaining an exceptional level of exposure.
- Analyzing, understanding modelling requirements – frequent, in-depth interaction with modellers, risk and business leaders.
- Understanding the theoretical approaches taken to modelling and providing an expert opinion on suitability.
- Questioning applicability of modelling approaches and selection of appropriate techniques.
- Verifying that data due diligence, model code and documentation has been done according to Bank standards.
- Reviewing the evidence to support modelling decisions including evidence of challenge during the modelling process.
- Verification of model compliance with applicable regulations.
- Verification that the models have been implemented correctly.
- Validation of model monitoring and identification.
- Reporting of any model related issues.
- Involved in development and ongoing update of validation standards, measures and tolerances.
- Interaction with Development and Governance teams.
- Annual interaction with Audit.
- 5-10 years direct experience in model development or validation including a detailed understanding of finance, treasury, liquidity, operational risk, or risk models as they apply to retail banking.
- Experience with EU and UK banking regulations.
- Ability to validate models with SAS.