To design, create and maintain reports, visualisations and dashboards that enable better use and wider consumption of company data. The Business Intelligence Analyst will work with the BI Lead, Business Services and Technical Products to help develop business requirements and specify and develop reporting solutions with a focus on cloud data technologies.
The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for understanding the Business’ requirement so that the appropriate solution can be de designed and delivered. They are responsible for articulating and documenting that requirement and developing reporting solutions that meet those requirements.
- Work with other members of the Data Engineering team to assist in the definition and development of processes and business intelligence solutions that provide secure and efficient data reporting, visualisation and analytics.
- Develop solutions, ensuring data is optimised to meet requirements for business and technical use cases.
- Present information for business and technical users through engaging and interactive reports and visualisations.
- Apply business and logic rules to derive new measures, new dimensions and aggregated values.
- Generate and schedule data refresh processes to ensure information is up to date.
- Support relationships with the other areas of FCG to ensure that requirements can be developed.
- Ensure solutions support the architectural direction of FCG technology and use approved technical components.
- Provide analytical skills into understanding and communicating design specifications to facilitate technical development including the creation of both high-level and detailed design documentation and impact estimation.
- Fulfil the role of a subject matter expert in data reporting best practice and implement those practices.
- Work to the agreed prioritisation of requirements for development and to the agreed delivery dates against these requirements.
- Assist in the identification of root causes and fixes for major incidents where required
- Maintain accurate timesheet reporting on activities undertaken
- Adhere to the Company values at all times and encourage others to demonstrate these
- Ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards/regulations at all times
- Any other reasonable duties as required
Qualifications / Experience:
- Expert with SAS Enterprise Guide 8.2
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing principles essential
- A background in data modelling, analysis and reporting
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to adopt a logical approach to solving problems
- Experience of working with large data sets in an enterprise environment
- Tools and techniques for ensuring data quality
- Data exploration, cleansing and preparation
- Identification and management of risk
- Ability to create and maintain sets of reference architecture documentation
- A Computer Science, Software Engineering or related degree
- An understanding of software development lifecycle
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Understanding of the retail Insurance business
- Knowledge of analysis, design and modelling techniques
- Knowledge of system and use case modelling and requirements gathering techniques
- Knowledge of Architectural patterns
- An organised and pro-active approach. Goes out to seek information. Does not wait to have it handed to them.
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Strives to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
- Embrace, embed and incorporate the company values