We need our Risk team to make sure that we are a
responsible and safe pair of hands for our customers’ and investors’ money. We
are looking for someone who shares our passion to build a better kind of bank
and has the determination to help us be successful in this mission.
You would be joining the Model Risk Oversight at an exciting time. With increasing impact from digital approaches on our models and calculators, as well as making sure we manage the increasing expectations of our Board and the Regulators we are expanding! We have several new roles within the team to enhance our capability to keep up with the demands and we are looking for experienced individuals to join our growing team.
The role is all about…
- Calculator Validation – applying a risk-based approach to the review and validation of new and existing calculators, balancing the risk, regulatory requirements, and industry best practice. This includes preparing a final report communicating the validation status and any issues or actions identified to the Calculator Owner, Bank’s Governance Committee’s, and Senior Managers
- Giving independent assurance to the Bank’s Senior Management over the output and use of Calculators and ensure they are built and operating to internal and external regulatory standards. Where calculators are less than “fit for purpose”, raising appropriate actions to bring about their remediation
- Developing and stressing the mathematical logic for new calculators and validating the mathematical accuracy and robustness for every calculator, including review of the quality of calculator documentation
- Working closely with the calculator owners across the Bank to ensure that calculators adhere to the requirements of the Model Risk Management Policy Standard, including testing, validation, and documentation. This will involve, where appropriate, development of testing tools to replicate system calculations
- Working with the MRO team to ensure the Calculator Inventory is maintained and regularly updated and that actions arising from validations are appropriately logged and followed through to conclusion
To be successful you’ll need to bring…
- A proven record of effective analysis and communication in quantitative roles or disciplines
- A good degree in a numerate discipline subject (e.g. maths, statistics, economics etc)
- Excellent analytic skills and ability to extract conclusions from quantitative or qualitative evidence
- Good knowledge of Excel, Excel Visual Basic and other Office tools such as SAS typically used in calculators
- Excellent data mining skills
- Excellent data interpretation and presentation skills
- Excellent report writing skills, ideally for a Model Risk Committee or equivalent
We would like you to have (but not essential) …
- Good knowledge of Banking products and Credit Management, modelling in a banking or financial services context
- Good knowledge of coding languages such as SAS, R, SQL, Python etc.