Why should you join us as a Credit Risk Manager?
- You’ll play a fundamental part in helping us deliver its strategic objectives.
- You’ll be able to see and quantify the difference you make to customers, colleagues and the company.
- You’ll be empowered to lead projects independently, delivering your objectives in your own way and taking accountability for them.
- You’ll have direct contact with our senior leaders, sharing your ideas and proposals with them.
- The variety of projects you’ll be immersed in will keep you interested and engaged.
- We’ll support your development and help you to shape your brilliant career in a changing and exciting business.
If this sounds like the job for you then join us and be Your Brilliant Self. Currently home based and opportunity to work flexibly between home and office in the future.
Our purpose is to provide real help with real lives, giving customers access to the products and services that they really need. The credit risk teams are integral to making this happen and, given our ambitious plans now and for the future, there’s never been a better time to join us. This role represents a rare opportunity for a talented commercial credit risk professional to make their mark by supporting and driving our strategic objectives.
Our Policy and Commercial Risk team is eagerly seeking an experienced Credit Risk Manager to join them. The company has ambitious growth plans for commercial lending: expanding geographically and by product. To ensure this happens safely and responsibly, appropriate credit risk support is vital. It’s a really exciting time to join the team and make a tangible difference.
The credit risk teams sits within the Conduct and Credit Risk function which is an integral part of our Commercial Division. We pride ourselves on working collaboratively with our colleagues in teams like Trading, New Product Development, Commercial Lending and Prudential Risk to ensure we’re identifying, mitigating and managing conduct, credit and operational risks. This allows us to provide a fantastic experience and sustainable growth and performance for our customers and members.
Above all else, the Conduct and Credit Risk function help us to deliver real help with real lives in a safe and responsible way.
What you’ll do
As a Credit Risk Manager, you’ll lead a wide range of interesting projects such as those detailed below.
- Support the our commercial lending growth aspirations whilst ensuring lending is responsible.
- You will take the lead in projects to enter new market segments, customer types and/or property types, making sure the propositions effectively balance commercial objectives with credit and conduct risk management.
- You’ll own our commercial lending policy, ensuring that our lending criteria remains appropriate to manage and mitigate risk in a proportional way whilst also ensuring we are flexible to meet changing customer needs.
- Your expert experience in commercial credit risk will ensure that we’re managing and are aware of all associated risks – this will fill an existing knowledge and skills gap within the team and allow you to make a real impact.
- Portfolio management of the Commercial Lending book.
- You’ll support the team to keep a close eye on the asset quality of our commercial lending book as a whole and identify emerging issues.
- You’ll lead on policy/sector/portfolio reviews, for example, understanding how the recent wave of retail high street store closures may impact our commercial mortgage customers and, as a result, our financial stability.
- Ensure high quality, insightful credit risk analytics is produced.
- You will lead and support the production of key credit risk analytics that provides real insight and can, therefore, be used to inform strategic decision-making.
- Develop others.
- Although you will not have formal line management responsibility, you will use your expert knowledge and experience to coach, mentor and develop other team members. In doing so, you will enhance the professional abilities of both yourself and your colleagues.
How you’ll do it
- You’ll have a minimum 5 years’ experience in Financial Services (or similar)
- You’ll have expert knowledge of credit risk management within Commercial Mortgage Lending
- You’ll have a proven ability to independently lead programmes of complex analytical work and colleagues in order to determine solutions
- You’ll have outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
- You’ll have excellent communication skills with experience of presenting and influencing at a senior level
- You’ll have a proven ability to coach and develop junior colleagues (note: you will be supporting and coaching others in the team, however, this role does not involve direct line management)
- You’ll be educated to degree level (preferred but not essential) with an emphasis onmathematical / analytical techniques
- You’ll be energetic and driven
In addition to the usual benefits such as competitive salary, annual bonus and healthcare packages we offer you…
Flexibility – Whether it’s picking up the kids from school or catching that early morning yoga session we have you covered.