Why should you join us as a Credit Risk Manager?
- You’ll play a fundamental part in helping our company deliver its strategic objectives.
- You’ll be able to see and quantify the difference you make to customers, colleagues and our company.
- You’ll be empowered to lead projects independently, delivering your objectives in your own way and taking accountability for them.
- You’ll have direct contact with our senior leaders, sharing your ideas and proposals with them.
- The variety of projects you’ll be immersed in will keep you interested and engaged.
- We’ll support your development and help you to shape your brilliant career in a changing and exciting business.
If this sounds like the job for you then join us and be Your Brilliant Self.
Our purpose is to provide real help with real lives, giving customers access to the products and services that they really need. The credit risk teams are integral to making this happen and, given our ambitious plans now and for the future, there’s never been a better time to join us. This role represents a rare opportunity for a talented credit risk manager to make their mark by supporting and driving our strategic objectives.
Our Portfolio and Collections Risk team is eagerly seeking an experienced Credit Risk Manager to join them.
We are investing in our credit risk team to provide increased capacity at a time of ongoing economic stress, and to enhance prudential risk mitigation. We have big ambitions, investment and opportunity to continue to develop and improve our portfolio management and to deliver purposeful analytics and across the company. It’s the perfect time to join the team and really make a difference.
The Portfolio & Collections team sits within the Conduct and Credit Risk function which is an integral part of our Commercial Division. We pride ourselves on working collaboratively with our colleagues in teams like Trading, Collections and Prudential Risk to ensure we’re identifying, mitigating and managing conduct, credit and operational risks. This allows us to provide a fantastic experience and sustainable growth and performance for our customers and members.
Above all else, the Conduct and Credit Risk function help us to deliver real help with real lives in a safe and responsible way.
As a Credit Risk Manager, you’ll lead a wide range of interesting projects such as those detailed below.
- Portfolio management of the Retail Lending book. You’ll take the lead role in understanding the asset quality of our Retail lending book, identifying emerging issues such as how the current pandemic and resulting economic impacts may impact our Retail mortgage customers and, as a result, our financial stability.
- Ensure high quality, insightful credit risk analytics is produced. You will lead and support the production of key credit risk analytics that provides real insight which can be used to inform strategic decision-making.
- Risk Appetite. You will take a key role in the delivery and evolution of our credit risk appetite as the company moves toward a more sophisticated, value based approach.
- Stakeholder management and engagement. There has never been a more critical time for the Portfolio & Collections team to work collaboratively with other business areas. You will be responsible for deepening relationships with colleagues in our Finance, Trading and Collections department and ensuring activity is aligned and focussed.
- Develop others. Although you will not have formal line management responsibility, you will use your expert knowledge and experience to coach, mentor and develop other team members. In doing so, you will enhance the professional abilities of both yourself and your colleagues.
How you’ll do it
- You’ll have a minimum 5 years’ experience in Financial Services (or similar) with minimum 3 years’ experience in Credit Risk
- You’ll have experience specifically related to at least one of the following; Portfolio Management, Risk Appetite, Forecasting and Stress Testing, IFRS9
- You’ll have a proven ability to independently lead programmes of complex analytical work and colleagues in order to determine solutions
- You’ll have outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
- You’ll have excellent communication skills with experience of presenting and influencing at a senior level
- You’ll have a proven ability to coach and develop junior colleagues (note: you will be supporting and coaching others in the team, however, this role does not involve direct line management)
- You’ll be educated to at least degree level (preferred) with an emphasis on mathematical / analytical techniques
- You’ll have expert skills in data manipulation, SAS (or similar statistical packages) and Microsoft Excel
- You’ll be energetic and driven
In addition to the usual benefits such as competitive salary, annual bonus and healthcare packages we offer you…
Flexibility – Whether it’s picking up the kids from school or catching that early morning yoga session we have you covered.
Celebrating Success – From everyday thank you cards, to our annual ‘Raising the Roof’ gala to celebrate our golden ticket winners we acknowledge our colleagues successes no matter how big or small.
Giving Back – Fancy 31 hours of paid leave a year to get involved in community activities? Together last year, we completed more than 11,000 hours of volunteering!
Inclusivity – We don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our colleagues, our customers and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
Site Perks – Some of our sites have added little extras such as free tea and coffee and a roof garden in Leeds.
If you’ve got a solid background in credit risk and you want to develop a career in an empowering, respectful and supporting business then why not join us?
Our people are our heart and soul; we’re commercial and caring, big enough to offer you a challenge and small enough for you to make a real impact. We’re devoted to putting people first and doing the right thing by providing real help with real life.
We’d love to hear from you so why not apply today and be Your Brilliant Self!