What you’ll do:
As the List Management Manager, the role holder, reports directly to the List Management Senior Manager and will work alongside colleagues and teams across the FC CoE and the company (Business Units, Line 2 FC, Technology and Operations).
A key member of the wider FC CoE management team, the role holder is responsible for maintaining and managing a 4E (Efficient, Economic, Effective and Ethical) Models and Analytics unit on behalf RFB’s Business Units and Central Functions (BUs – Retail/Private Bank, Consumer Finance, Corporate & Commercial Banking and Cater Allen, CFs-Third Party and HR).
- The role holder will have the ability to leverage Financial Crime analytics to support the development of models and interpretation of regulations, statutes, and conduct matters in business context of Models and Financial Crime Intelligence, delivering complex information in a way that is simple and easy to understand.
- Keeps up to date with changes in Financial Crime regulation, legislation and guidance in a business context, delivering complex information in a way that is simple and easy to understand.
- Supports the development of team plans for their business area and has a good understanding of how the department’s goals fit into the wider Financial Crime strategy.
- Provides expertise to internal senior stakeholders and will support as well as work in partnership with other functions and business areas to ensure adherence to relevant frameworks, policies and procedures.
- Is able to support the development of procedure and guidance documents and supporting materials to a high quality in line with San UK Standards.
- Provides effective oversight of business FC model processes, including producing MI on monitoring in line with San UK and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Provides advice, innovative solutions and creative thinking to help project teams and senior managers deliver objectives in line with regulatory expectations and best practice guidance.
- May represent the team on committees and forums such a business risk or project working groups and might be expected to manage people.
Standard for all S3s:
- Ensures that the Models and Analytics team is appropriately skilled, qualified & trained.
- Owns, reviews, and refines processes and operational procedures.
- Ensures data quality is maintained and provides defined MI.
- Manages FC and operational risks, provide timely and achievable actions plans in mitigating identified risks and resolve capacity or volume issues.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient prioritisation/ distribution of strategic & tactical initiatives relating to Modelling activities.
- With support from FC CoE Senior Managers manages the coordination and delivery of tactical and strategic projects in relation to Models and Analytics raised as part of divisional and company strategy and /or annual planning process.
- Conducts ongoing improvement activity across the control model, performing enhancements to optimise related FC systems and applications working collaboratively with technical FC colleagues in FC CoE, BUs, and Line 2 FC to mitigate Financial Crime risk.
- Proactively supports the bank in meeting its business, legal, regulatory and stakeholder obligations in respect of Financial Crime Compliance, including identifying, deterring, detecting and disrupting money laundering, sanctions non-compliance, terrorist financing, bribery, corruption and tax evasion risks that arise by way of its activities.
The role holder will form part of a new wider organisational structure and will play a key role in supporting the List Management Senior Manager embed the function and its development as processes and systems are refined over time.
- Manages internal relationships relating to FC Control and Functional development with senior managers and their direct reporting lines.
- Develops the Vendor Management practice and the defined models in scope for the Business area.
- Ensures up-to-date operating process and procedures are in place to support the Model Analytics team.
- Ensures all related Vendor Management activities are processed in accordance with defined SLAs, RFB policy and regulatory requirements.
- Documents, reviews, and refines Vendor Management processes ensuring data quality is maintained.
- Contributes to the target state operating model supporting the business to determine organisation structure and roles and responsibilities to ensure the TBD technology that is delivered is aligned to the operating processes.
- Work with MI Development teams to implement MI/BI in relation Vendor Management activity and effectiveness and efficiency of Vendor Management activity processes, systems, and controls.
- Monitors and periodically report on BAU status and the progress of assigned projects.
- Assists the build and responsibility for the Screening Risk Assessment and Monitoring governance and reporting frameworks in place.
- Manage stakeholder communications through various mediums.
- Build and maintain credibility and effective working relationships across all levels and businesses within the Company.
- Creates an environment in which people are keen to perform, succeed, learn, and develop to reach their potential. Demonstrates a passion for delivering a high-quality service and leads and inspires teams to deliver.
- Shares knowledge and keeps staff regularly updated on any progress/ developments.
- Monitors and manages team performance to ensure the project delivers to its objectives.
- Coaches and supports colleagues to build and strengthen broader SME capability.
- Ensures the area operates effectively in adherence to the internal policies of the bank and legislative/regulatory guidelines of relevant external authorities.
- Through MI, communicates Financial Crime risks, exposure and issues to senior management and appropriate forums.
- Ensures Financial Crime Centre of Excellence (CoE) and Financial Crime Compliance has adequate awareness and understanding of financial crime risks and risk management.
- Assists with Third Party Risk Management.
- Assists with Business Continuity for Financial Crime CoE.
- Completes Mandatory training and ensure all team members have completed their mandatory training on time.
- Anticipates potential issues and proactively reviews processes to minimise impact.
- Identify opportunities to leverage and incorporate ‘Best Practice’ solutions.
- Takes the lead on transition management, ensuring that business as usual is maintained during the transition.
- Identifies and drives initiatives to produce significant business improvements or cultural change in support of business advantage.
- Ensures that ideas for change or business improvements are encouraged and resources, plans and processes are put into place to address.
- Plans and delivers other projects which meet the Company’s objectives.
- Managing projects may include the inception of projects, planning and progressing activity to meet required timescales, assessing risk, managing resources and communicating with all stakeholders, internal and external.
- Holds an acceptable Financial Crime qualification.
- An effective working knowledge of the UK’s legislative and regulatory framework for FC (Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery and Corruption) and how that impacts the Vendor Management environment.
- Financial Crime Compliance domain knowledge, with a focus on Vendor Management knowledge.
- Solid experience of working as a Manager within Financial crime space in financial services with experience of Vendor Management knowledge. (c.5 years industry or relevant experience).
- (Non-Personal) Experience and knowledge of Corporate Banking and its associated products. Awareness of Correspondent banking, Trade Finance, Complex Corporate Structures, MSBs/PSPs would also be beneficial.
- (Personal) Knowledge and experience of working across Retail Banking products and an understanding of FC risks associated with a Retail customer base.
- Confident communicator, with excellent stakeholder management skills, both internally and externally. Ability to articulate and communicate to colleagues on key updates, issues, and developments.
- Works co-operatively and productively with others, openly exchanging information and supporting colleagues from around the organisation to achieve business goals.
- Strong organisational skills and experience of delivering excellent customer service.
- Demonstrate the ability to work under pressure.
- Proven strong stakeholder management experience.
- Encourages and supports others to take initiatives and calculated risks.
- Ability to assimilate and analyse complex information.
- Excellent attention to detail, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Multi-year experience in a Financial Crime Model Analytics role.
- Has advanced experience of using tools such as:
- “SQL Server”