Why apply for this role?
You’re someone who wants to be at the forefront of transforming an industry. You want a unique opportunity, which will give you exposure to a wide variety of models, portfolios and instruments. We can help you achieve this.
In this 1-year fixed term contract, you’ll be delivering changes to existing market, structural and counterparty credit risk models – or creating new ones – required for a successful transition to new risk-free rates.
You will gain an understanding of how each methodology works, how it is implemented and how it needs to be modified. You’ll be seeing each methodological change from design through to implementation; including testing and documenting your findings.
What you’ll be doing
- Managing the full end to end model development cycle from design until implementation
- Supporting and implementing changes to existing valuation and prudent valuation models, in various programming languages
- Adjusting balance sheet management, structural risk and/or counterparty credit risk models to align to the new risk-free rates
- Documenting these changes to a high standard to enable review by the independent validation team
- Working closely with the Market Risk, Counterparty Credit Risk, Product Control and/or Front Office teams to provide quantitative support and practical solutions
- Translating technical details into real life issues that are understandable to a wide audience
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrable mathematical and statistical quantitative skills applied in modelling and data analysis
- Theoretical understanding of valuation and pricing models of financial products and derivatives across asset classes such as Fixed Income, Inflation, FX and Equity
- Strong technical background and relevant experience in the finance industry
- Initiative and motivation to work independently and to provide quality output, in accordance with deadlines
- Demonstrable programming skills across Python, R, C++ and/or VBA
- Degree level education in a quantitative field (or equivalent experience), postgraduate preferable
What else you need to know
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
How we’ll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you’ll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs. For contract roles, your salary, bonus (where eligible) and certain benefits will be prorated to reflect your contract duration.
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from us, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in our success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.
We are an equal opportunities employer. When we talk about diversity, we don’t just want to pay lip service. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. It’s important to us that we create an inclusive culture where everyone counts, and we particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups.