We are looking for a hands-on Compliance expert to set up and lead our Compliance/AML function including Mortgage Advisor Oversight. This is an
opportunity for a talented and highly motivated professional to take a leading role in a start-up financial services business.
Reporting into the Risk Director and as a key member of the Team, you will be responsible for leading a high-profile compliance and conduct risk function and will define and maintain a robust strategy and framework across the organisation. We believe this is an extremely exciting opportunity for someone who is motivated to take on responsibility, has the confidence and ability to tread new ground and aspires to hold a leadership position with a fast-growing organisation.
- Provide compliance leadership and guidance as independent second line regulatory and conduct advice, oversight and assurance SME for the firm.
- Ensure regulatory updates are issued in a timely manner and where required based on changes in regulations
- Identify situations that may pose significant compliance and conduct risks and ensure the compliance department guides management in the development/reviewing of applicable policies, marketing materials, procedures and business practices etc
- Provide oversight and advice on the firm’s Mortgage Advisor training and competency framework and undertake competency checks
- Undertake day to day compliance tasks: maintain compliance policies, procedures, reporting, liaising with external authorities, prepare and conduct on-going compliance reviews as per the approved annual compliance review plan and complaints handling oversight
- Provide advice and support to the firm in determining its senior individuals who are performing roles requiring individual approval under SM&CR
- Provide compliance sign off on customer documentation, marketing and financial promotions etc
- Oversee KYC/CDD and AML/CTF checks conducted by both outsourced and internal staff together
- Support the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (SMF17) in their responsibilities, including submission of an annual MLRO Report to the board. Ensuring staff awareness of money laundering rules through appropriate training and ensuring that AML processes are inplace and are implemented
- Receiving, investigating and reporting on Suspicious Activity Reports
- Provide regulatory training to relevant staff on regulatory and legislative requirements and the maintenance of training records
- Knowledge of the non-bank lending and specialist mortgage/lending markets, infrastructure and applicable standards and regulations
- 7+ years’ experience as a subject matter expert for regulatory compliance within a retail banking / financial services mortgage environment
- In depth technical knowledge and practical experience of FCA requirements and standards especially MCOB, Mortgage Advisor frameworks
- Commercial, business focused with strong judgement and integrity
- Ability to work effectively with co-workers and management at all levels, developing effective relationships internally and externally
- Calm and diplomatic, with strong negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to effectively manage stakeholders
- Understand how to control risk and use appropriate monitoring system
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attractive salary dependent on experience
- Friendly and informal start-up environment. An ability to accommodate inclusive working practices.
- Work closely with the executive team and founders.
- Other benefits (pension, team lunches, regular events, training budget).