Purpose of role: Senior Analysts support the development, maintenance and implementation of the IRB models by undertaking a combination of advanced data mining, advanced statistical analytics and credit risk model development.
Professional qualifications or essential experience required:
– Educated to at least degree level (minimum 2;1) with an emphasis on mathematical / analytical techniques. Masters and/or PHD preferred.
– Significant experience of working in Credit Risk (or similar), within a financial services organisation, including experience of at least one of (or comparable experience in a similar field):
o Credit risk model development
o Portfolio analytics
o Advanced IRB
– Excellent skills in data manipulation, SAS (or similar statistical packages), SQL and Microsoft Excel
– Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
– Able to work both as part of a team and independently, with excellent communication skills
– Able to undertake complex analytical tasks with limited support and guidance
– The capability to coach and develop junior colleagues
Responsibility for staff:
No formal line management responsibility, however coaching and mentoring of junior colleagues is required.
As requested by the Group Risk IRB Management team, undertake complex analysis and own the production of timely and accurate management information, for review by the Senior Leadership Team and decision making committees.
Utilise best practice statistical, analytical and modelling techniques to perform complex analysis and develop and maintain IRB models for the Credit Risk portfolios, to enable strategic decision making by management.
Be viewed as an expert in the Credit Risk databases and be able to process, manipulate and interpret that data to support the above accountabilities.
Have an excellent understanding of the credit risk lifecycle for residential and buy-to-let mortgages, commercial lending and current accounts, and leverage that understanding to add value to all analysis.
Develop excellent knowledge of what it means for the business to be an Advanced IRB institution for capital management, ensuring that all activities are aligned to the aspiration to be Advanced IRB, and support the IRB “Use Test”.
Communicate results of analysis to senior management to a high standard, both written and verbally.
Develop a network of key stakeholders across the business to facilitate knowledge sharing and cross functional working, and to be viewed as a subject matter expert for IRB within the business.
As directed by the Group Risk IRB management team, lead and manage small analytical projects “end to end” from scoping and defining requirements through to the presentation of results.
Coach, mentor and develop IRB Modelling Analysts.