In our quest to make things better, we never stop looking at how every bit of banking works. We sweat the small stuff, because we know it makes a big difference for our customers. But at the heart of this are our people – who we couldn’t do without. Our bold and brilliant colleagues who bring their A game every single day. The question is – are you ready to bring yours?
It’s an exciting time to be joining Risk as we’re growing, and transforming our team into one that is ready to meet the challenges of the future, setting us up to support our ambition to disrupt the status quo. What this means is ensuring we have the right skills, capability and capacity within Risk to manage the growth and digital ambitions expected of a Tier 1 bank and we’re on the lookout for like-minded individuals and innovators to help drive our strategy forward!
We’ve a number of exciting opportunities in our Mortgage Credit and Personal Credit teams where you’ll be a key colleague responsible for the 2nd Line of Defence for credit risk, supporting the oversight of customer acquisition, account management and collections strategies. If you’re a Risk Professional with a burning passion for what you do, a lust for learning and are looking to work with likeminded people then this is the role for you!
Day to day you’ll…
As a Credit Oversight Specialist, you’ll use your insatiable curiosity to conduct analysis and produce insight that helps the Credit Oversight teams oversee the credit performance of the lending portfolios. Through independent investigation you’ll use your experience and analytic skills to provide assurance, support and recommendations into the design and oversight of credit risk strategies and policies ensuring they adhere to the Risk Appetite Statements and regulations whilst allowing safe, profitable lending growth.
Monitoring the health of the portfolio and performance of credit strategies will also be key – regularly providing input into high quality reports for appropriate risk governance including Credit risk forums, commercial meetings and Credit Risk Committees. Escalating relevant points to Senior Management.
No day will be the same as you collaborate with range of stakeholders to ensure analysis is providing true insight into risks and opportunities generated by business profile and operational processes. Ensuring models are being utilised correctly, forecasts are accurate and reflective of wider context and data and reporting are accurate will be a key focus.
Within the Personal Credit team, you’ll help oversee the credit performance of the unsecured lending portfolios (Credit Cards, Personal Loans, Overdrafts and Joint Ventures).
You’ll focus on…
- Acquisition, risk-based pricing and limit allocation strategies across Credit Cards, Loans and Personal Overdrafts, including pre eligibility tools.
- Product, Limit, Pricing and Authorisation strategies for account management.
- Pre arrears, arrears and recovery strategies.
Overseeing of Joint Ventures.
- Delivering improved customer outcomes through persistent debt, repeat use and financial difficulties strategies.
- Support the unsecured commercial team to design improved customer journeys for the required products
There are a few essentials you need to bring…
- Good knowledge of mortgage products and or secured lending and the economy.
- A good working knowledge of policies and procedures in credit risk management.
- A love for data as you’ll be analysing and interpreting data using SAS, showing a logical approach to problem solving.
- Experience in the development and / or oversight of credit risk strategies.
- Some experience in understanding a problem and developing solutions, independently shaping the analysis.
- An engaging manager as you build trusted and positive relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- A clear and succinct communication style – both verbal and written.
We’d love you to have (but not essential)…
- Be experienced in working independently to interpret data and produce analytics with a tenacity to look beyond headline information to identify inconsistent trends.
- Capacity to handle high workflows and prioritise appropriately, ensuring tasks are completed within required timeframes.